- 3 cups shelled nuts= about 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
optional ingredients: oil, sea salt, honey, sesame seeds, chocolate, etc.
- Place shelled nuts into blender or food processor. Secure the lid. (A food processor works best)
- Turn on machine and blend on low until nuts are ground.
- Turn to highest setting and process until peanut butter begins to move freely through the blades.
- Stop the machine once or twice during blending to scrape down the sides.
- Continue blending until desired consistency is reached.
- For crunchy peanut butter stop blending when there are still small bits of peanuts in the peanut butter.
- You may need to add a little peanut or canola oil while processing to help smooth the nut butter.
1 tablespoon serving size:
Calories 103, Fat 0.9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg,
Carbohydrates 2.9g, Fiber 1.6g, Sugars 0.7g, Protein 4.7g