4 small potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 bunch Swiss chard leaves , washed and spun dry
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Generously coat a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes in coated pie plate. Coat top of potatoes with cooking spray.
- Cook potatoes 35-40 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute garlic and onions 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Slice chard leaves into 1-inch pieces. Add chard with the garlic and onion, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 minutes or until chard is tender. Stir in the balsamic vinegar mixing well.
- In a small bowl lightly scramble the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese and optional red pepper flakes.
- Remove potatoes when done, arrange chard mixture over potatoes and top with eggs.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- You can substitute spinach for the Swiss chard.
Calories 243, Fat 8.4g, Cholesterol 281mg, Sodium 202mg
Carbohydrates 30.4g, Fiber 4.9g, Sugars 3.7g, Protein 12.8g