1 cup flour
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 apples, peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Lightly flour dish.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in the milk, applesauce and egg. Mix well. (Batter will be pretty thick and sticky.)
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish. Top with apple pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Spoon over apple pieces.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Carefully cut into 9 servings and remove the cake from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 180, Fat 2.7g, Cholesterol 22mg, Sodium 31mg
Carbohydrates 36.2g, Fiber 1.4g, Sugars 18.7g, Protein 3.4g