1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 drops sesame oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
3 drops sesame oil
1 package ramen style noodles broken into small pieces
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cups chopped green cabbage
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup sliced bell pepper (preferably orange or red)
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Heat, stir well but do not boil.
- Turn off the heat, let cool, and allow the salad dressing to sit for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high heat. When pan is hot add the canola oil, sesame oil, and the ramen noodles, stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almonds and sesame seeds to the ramen noodles, stir well until toasted and crunchy, but do not brown. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, romaine, broccoli, cilantro, green onions, and bell pepper.
- When ready to serve add the almond mixture and the dressing to the salad, mix well.
Calories 272, Fat 17.7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 905mg
Carbohydrates 25.3g, Fiber 3.2g, Sugars 7,8g, Protein 6.2g