2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup red wine
1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
2-3 fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh marjoram (or oregano)
1 ear fresh corn kernels, cooked (or 1/2 cup thawed)
8 ounces cooked short pasta (ziti, rotini, etc.)
8 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet, saute onion and garlic about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms with the onions and garlic, sauteing until tender.
- Add tomatoes, red wine, basil and marjoram bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir spinach and corn kernels into tomato mixture until spinach wilts.
- Add cooked pasta and ricotta cheese, mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Pour pasta into lightly oiled 9x11 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
Calories 405, Fat 15.3g, Cholesterol 64mg, Sodium257mg
Carbihydrates 47.3g, Fiber 3.8g, Sugar 4.5g, Protein 19.8g