1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup rice (I like to use jasmine but any long grain rice will work)
1/2 cup orzo
1 teaspoon ground curry
1/4 cup white wine
1-3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Saute green onions and garlic until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in rice, orzo and curry powder, coating well.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring well until rice/orzo are slightly golden in color.
- Slowly add wine and broth to rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes. (Water should be gone and rice should be tender.)
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 216, Fat 3.7g, Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 44mg
Carbohydrates 36.5g, Fiber 1.4g, Sugars 1.5g, Protein 5.5g