So in honor of our local festival, here is a remarkably easy cod recipe that has an amazing amount of flavor. I like using cod in this recipe because it is a nice light, tender fish that goes well with the sauteed mushrooms.
- You can use Chanterelle, Crimini, white or most any other fresh mushrooms.
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound mushrooms, washed and thinly sliced
3-4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup dry vermouth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 pound cod (4 portions)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms stirring well. Cook about 8-10 minutes, mushrooms should be slightly browned.
- Stir in garlic, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in vermouth and vinegar. Mix well with the mushrooms.
- Place cod portions on top of mushrooms.
- Spoon some of the sauce along with some mushrooms over the cod.
- Cover and cook 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove fish to a serving platter, arrange mushrooms on and around cod before serving.
Calories 174, Fat 4.3g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 115mg
Carbohydrates 4.5g, Fiber 1.2g, Sugars 1.9g, Protein 29.6g