1 pound asparagus trimmed into 2-inch pieces
7-8 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
3 cups Arborio rice
1 cup white wine1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound sea scallops
1/2 pound large shrimp
1 pound salmon
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, plunge the asparagus into the boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Empty pan and set asparagus aside.
- Pour chicken broth into the same large saucepan, bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, allow broth to continue simmering.
- Heat another large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Warm the oil, saute the onion until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring until it is toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the saucepan, stirring well until the wine is almost absorbed.
- Continue to add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup broth at a time to the rice, stirring frequently until liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding more broth.
- Do not allow the rice to dry out. Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup broth for later.
- When the rice is firm but tender and creamy in appearance, (this will take about 20 minutes) add the asparagus and some more broth.
- Cook until rice is al dente and asparagus is warm about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup reserved broth.
- While rice is cooking, rub 1 tablespoon olive oil over fish, scallops and shrimp.
- Grill the seafood about 10 minutes before the risotto is done.
- Place risotto on a serving platter, arrange the seafood around the the risotto and serve warm.
- Note you can easily broil or pan sear the fish and seafood if you do not have access to a grill.
Carbohydrates 62.1g, Fiber 3.2g, Sugars 1.6g, Protein 32.5g