12 ounces (1 package) firm tofu, drained for 30 minutes.
1/2 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
- Remove tofu from package, place a clean kitchen towel on a plate, arrange the drained tofu on top of the towel and place another clean kitchen towel on top of the tofu. Now set a plate or cutting board on top. This will squeeze the moisture out of the tofu. You can also place the plate with tofu and towels in the refrigerator overnight.
- Using your fingers crumble the tofu into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in small skillet set to medium.
- Cook garlic and onion until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in crumbled tofu and turmeric.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes.
Calories 166, Fat 10.7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 21mg
Carbohydrates 6.3g, Fiber 2.3g, Sugars 2.2g, Protein 14.4g