8 corn tortillas
1 pound cod (or other firm white fish)
3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (divided)
2 tablespoons diced green chilies (divided)
1/2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper (divided)
2 cups thinly sliced or grated green cabbage
1 sliced green onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup non-fat Greek style plain yogurt (or sour cream)
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes. Place in a glass bowl, add 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon green chilies, 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper, mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the cabbage, green onion, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon green chilies,1 /4 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper. Set aside.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the marinated fish for about 3-4 minutes, or until done.
- Here are 3 ways to heat tortillas: wrap in foil and heat in a 300 degree oven for 15-20 minutes; or wrap 2 or 3 in moist paper towels and heat for about 30 seconds in microwave; or my favorite way is to heat them one at a time in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop.
- In each warm tortilla, arrange some of the cabbage on the bottom, then the fish, top with the sauce and serve warm.
Calories 318, Fat 8.4g, Cholesterol 66mg, Sodium 182mg
Carbohydrates 28.6g, Fiber 4.4g, Sugars 3.9g, Protein 32.4g