1 cup couscous (may use whole wheat)
1-1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
2 sliced green onions
1 diced tomato
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place couscous and water in a microwaveable bowl. Cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous is cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and stir in the garlic and green onion, cook until soft.
- Add tomato and basil leaves, cook about 1 minute.
- Add green onion and tomato mixture to couscous.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar. Mix well before serving.
Calories 178, Fat 7.0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 6mg
Carbohydrates 24.4g, Fiber 2.0g, Sugars 0.6g, Protein 4.3g