- If the weather is too rainy to grill
1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook asparagus over medium heat directly over coals until tender but still crisp, turning frequently.
- A good pair of tongs is essential to not lose spears through the grill.
- Brush with lemon and butter as they finish.
- I usually cook these just when the meat is finishing up. Serve immediately.
Calories 79, Fat 6.0g, Cholesterol 15.5mg, Sodium 3.1mg
Carbohydrate 5.6g, Fiber 2.4g, Sugars 0.2g, Protein 2.7g