For an easy and healthy meal, serve these great tasting burgers along with my Fruit Kabobs, Cucumber and Tomato Salad, and Greg's Barbecued Corn on the Cob.
1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef, turkey or pork
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
6-1 ounce slices cheddar cheese
6 slices purple onion
6 large slices tomato
6 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl mix ground beef and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide the ground beef into four equal portions. Using your hands roll each portion into a ball.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on the counter large enough for 4 patties.
- Using the flat side of a small plate, press each ball into a thin round patty about about 3/4-inch thick. Round the edges. (You can place the burgers between sheets of wax paper and refrigerate until ready to use.)
- On a hot and oiled grill, cook each burger for about 8-10 minutes, carefully flipping the burger halfway through the cooking time. (You can also use a George Forman Grill. Cook the hamburgers about 3 minutes. No need for flipping them over.)
- Top the burgers with cheese 1 minute before done. (If using the George Forman Grill add cheese after cooking.)
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Top with onion, tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup (or your favorite condiments).
Nutritional information for 6 burgers with cheese, buns and vegetables:
Calories 422, Fat 17.2g, Cholesterol 114mg, Sodium 458mg
Carbohydrates 24.3mg, Fiber 1.6g, Sugars 4.5g, Protein 40.3g