- Place eggs in a saucepan.
- Fill saucepan with just enough cold water to cover the eggs.
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat until water begins to boil.
- Allow eggs to boil for 3-4 minutes, turn off heat, cover and let eggs sit for 10 minutes on the warm burner.
- Carefully drain the hot water and refill pan with cold water, allow eggs to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow eggs to cool before dying. Refrigerate dyed eggs until ready to use.
- I used water from beets, chamomile tea, green tea and black tea to dye these eggs. It does take a bit longer to dye eggs with natural colors.
1 large egg:
Calories 70, Fat 5.0g, Cholesterol 185.0mg, Sodium 70mg
Carbohydrates 0.0g, Fiber0g, Sugar 0.0g, Protein 6.2g