1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup couscous
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove chopped garlic
1/4 cup sliced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced bell pepper (any color)
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- In a medium size saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil, add couscous.
- Stir, cover pan, remove from heat source and set aside for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, basil and marjoram, cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Using a fork fluff the couscous and add the vegetable mixture. Serve warm.
Calories 142, Fat 2.1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 24mg
Carbohydrates 36.0g, Fiber 2.8g, Sugars 1.1g, Protein 6.8g