B vitamins , potassium and selenium salmon is considered a superfood. This beautifully flavored fresh salmon fillet is slightly sweet with a hint of tang.
If the weather is nice, try my salmon recipe grilled.
Cook 20 minutes
1 pound salmon fillet
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup water
- Place fish in a glass-baking dish.
- Sprinkle pepper over the salmon fillet.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and water.
- Pour marinade over salmon, turn salmon over so skin side is up, cover dish and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Cover and bake salmon skin side down in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Salmon flesh should flake easily with a fork.
Calories 259, Fat 14.0g, Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 511 mg
Carbohydrates 6.2g, Sugars 5.2g, Protein 25.6g