1 cup cooked ham, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 tablespoon butter
1-1/2 small onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium size skillet melt the butter over low heat. Add the thinly sliced onions stirring to separate the rings. Cook until the onions are tender, but do not brown.
- When the onions are done add chicken broth to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the onions simmer, bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- Add the peas to the pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- When onions are done, blend using an immersion blender being careful with the hot liquid.
- Add the plain yogurt, stirring well. Keep warm, but do not boil.
- When pasta is done, drain it and place the pasta in a serving bowl, stir in the onion sauce and the ham.
- If the ham is cold, warm it in the microwave on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
Calories 342, Fat 6.8g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 463mg
Carbohydrates 52.1g, Fiber 4.6g, Sugars 5.2g, Protein 17.0g