1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
3/4 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat muffin pan with canola oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, add pumpkin, egg, milk and applesauce. Stir until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 18-20 minutes.
- Loosen around the outside of the muffins using a butter knife. Remove muffins from tins, cool on wire rack.
Calories 93, Fat 0.7g, Cholesterol 16mg, Sodium 16mg
Carbohydrates 19.5g, Fiber 1.0g, Sugars 5.7g, Protein 2.7g