1 medium eggplant
1 medium onion
2 large tomatoes, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
- Slice the top off the eggplant. Chop the eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Peel onion, chop into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange eggplant on bottom, of a Dutch oven (or other pot with a tight fitting cover), then layer onions, zucchini, and top with the tomatoes.
- Combine olive oil, garlic and thyme in a small bowl.
- Pour olive oil over the top of the vegetables, salt to taste.
- Cover pot, bake in a 325° oven for about 4 hours.
- Stir halfway through cooking.
Calories 173, Fat 13.1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 13mg
Carbohydrates 14.6g, Fiber 6.2g, Sugars 7.2g, Protein 2.9g