1 acorn squash (or butternut squash)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 tablespoon dry vermouth (substituting broth, wine or water is fine)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and stringy parts of the squash.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the skin from the squash and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter, saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add squash cubes to the skillet, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Pour vermouth and chicken broth into pan, bring to a boil, cook squash until tender and liquid has evaporated. (about 10 minutes)
- After liquid has evaporated, continue cooking squash, stirring well 2-3 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of squash, transfer to a serving dish and serve warm.
Calories 104, Fat 4.8g, Cholesterol 13mg, Sodium 129mg
Carbohydrates 12.8g, Fiber 1.8g, Protein 3.7g