1 pound potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Using a slotted spoon, place potatoes on paper towels to drain.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon oil and swirl the pan to coat it evenly.
- Place half of the potatoes in the skillet (don't crowd the pan) and saute for 7-8 minutes. Stir occasionally until they are lightly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining potatoes and the other 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- Return all of the potatoes to the pan.
- Add the butter and garlic to the pan, stirring well. Stir the black pepper and the herbs into the potatoes and serve warm.
Calories 121, Fat 4.6g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 15mg
Carbohydrates 18.5g, Fiber 2.8g, Sugars 1.3g, Protein 2.1g