- You can use leftover chicken, just sprinkle the spices onto the chicken, rub it in and omit the chicken broth. Proceed to step 4.
1 chicken breast, skin and bone removed
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
pinch ground red pepper, to taste
6 cups chopped lettuce
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lime cut into wedges
1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon each cumin, onion powder and garlic powder
- Rub garlic powder, cumin and red pepper over chicken breast.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet, bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken in simmering pan, cover and cook about 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Cool.
- Shred cooked chicken breast. (Using 2 forks, one fork holds the chicken in place, the other fork pulls the chicken apart into small long pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and cheddar cheese.
- To make the dressing, Combine plain yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Serve salad with derssing and lime wedges
Calories 262, Fat 9.1g, Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 206mg
Carbohydrates 18.7g, Fiber 3.2g, Sugars 8.8g, Protein 26.3g