12 ounces crab meat, shell and cartilage removed
2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek style yogurt
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
3 tablespoons diced carrots
3 tablespoons diced celery
1-1/2 tablespoon diced purple onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tablespoon butter and canola oil
- In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients except butter and oil. Mix well.
- Divide crab mixture into 8 equal amounts and shape into a round patty.
- Place each crab cake on a piece of wax paper.
- Refrigerate 45-60 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and oil swirling to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook crab cakes 5-6 minutes per side or until done. Flip cakes halfway through cooking.
Calories 221, Fat 8.7g, Cholesterol 51mg, Sodium 617mg
Carbohydrates 17.1g, Fiber 2.6g, Sugars 2.6g, Protein 16.4g