1-pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup diced onion
3 small cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 sliced avocado
1 sliced tomato
4 hamburger buns
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, and teriyaki sauce.
- Form into 4 patties about 3/4 inch thick, place on wax paper, cover, and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Light a barbecue grill, when coals are ready cook hamburger patties for 4-5 minutes per side. (You may also use a George Foreman Grill. Cook the burger about 4 minutes total-no flipping required.)
- Top the burgers with Swiss cheese during the last minute of grilling. (If using the George Foreman Grill place the cheese on the burger after cooking the patties.)
- Warm buns if desired over the grill.
- Place each patty on a bun, top with avocado, tomato, and lettuce.
Calories 574, Fat 39.2g, Cholesterol 111.1mg, Sodium 374.7mg
Carbohydrates 22.5g, Fiber 4.1g, Sugars 2.7g, Protein 32.2g