1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup wild rice
3/4 cup sliced leeks, white and light green part only
3-4 cloves minced garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 cups fresh spinach
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter, add wild rice, leek, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Check to make sure that the wild rice is tender. (If the rice is not tender continue cooking until it is.)
- Add spinach to the soup, stirring until it wilts.
Carbohydrates 22.6g, Fiber 2.6g, Sugars 2.6g, Protein 7.9g