Bruschetta makes a wonderful light lunch, snack or appetizer.
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 (6 ounce can) can black olives, chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive or grape seed oil
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, oil and Parmesan in a small bowl.
- Combine the garlic, black olives and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl, cover and allow to sit on the counter for 2 hours or more.
- Slice bread loaf into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place slices on baking sheet and broil on top oven rack for about 2 minutes.
- Turn bread slices over and toast for about 1 minute.
- Top some slices with tomato topping and some slices with olive toppings.