1 pound steak or boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
2 large bell peppers, seeded
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (If you want more spice leave the seeds in)
1/4 cup olives, sliced (optional)
12 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons peanut, grape seed or olive oil (divided)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Slice steak or chicken into strips.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper flakes.
- Add meat to marinade, refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- Slice onion and bell peppers in half lengthwise, then slice each half into strips.
- Slice jalapeno pepper.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove steak or chicken strips from marinade and cook about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute onion, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper for about 3-4 minutes.
- Return meat to pan, add olives and heat through.
- Heat corn tortillas a couple at a time in an iron skillet or click here to use one of my other methods.
- Spoon mixture into heated tortillas.
2 Chicken Fajitas:
Calories 304, Fat 9.5g, Cholesterol 64mg, Sodium 135mg
Carbohydrates 27.5mg Fiber 4.8g, Sugars 3.7g, Protein 27.1g
2 Steak Fajitas:
Calories 329, Fat 10.5g, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 113mg
Carbohydrates 27.5, Fiber 4.8g, Sugars 3.7g, Protein 31.0g