6 cups water
1 pound dry white northern beans (soaked overnight)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced carrots
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
pinch crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Place water and beans in large soup pot with cover.
- Bring water to almost boiling, simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer with the cover on for 5-6 hours.
- Check half way through cooking time, if chili becomes too thick add more water.
- You can also put all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours.
Calories 208, Fat 0.6g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 76mg
Carbohydrates 38.3g, Fiber 9.6g, Sugars 3.2g, Protein 13.7g