1/2 tablespoon butter
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt added diced tomatoes
1/3 cup rinsed and chopped olives
2-3 sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter in hot skillet, saute the garlic and quinoa until golden.
- Add the broth, wine, cumin and red pepper, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes, olives, and green onions, cook about 5 minutes. Most liquid should be gone.
- Stir in cilantro, mix well before serving.
Calories 265, Fat 4.8 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Sodium 200 mg
Carbohydrates 44.3 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Sugars 10.5 g, Protein 8.1 g