1 eggplant, sliced into 1/4" slices
4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese (plain or with herbs)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lightly salt both sides of eggplant. Let the slices sit 30 minutes in a colander to sweat.
- Rinse the eggplant slices to wash away the salt, dry the water from the slices.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil.
- Cook eggplant about 2-3 minutes per side. Slices should be brown not black.
- Cut eggplant into the same size pieces as the tomato.
- Gently toss eggplant, tomato and feta in a medium size serving bowl.
- Sweating the eggplant helps remove the slight bitterness.
Calories 100, Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 218,
Carbohydrates 12.2, Fiber 5.4g, Sugars 6.7g, Protein 4.9g