2 chicken breasts (or 1 large chicken breast)
1/2 cup white wine (or low sodium chicken broth)
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tablespoons sherry (divided)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup low-fat milk
reserved liquid from cooked chicken + liquid to equal 3/4 cup
1/4 cup freshly grated Romano (or Parmesan cheese)
1-12 ounce jar drained marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
1/3 cup sliced olives
2 cups cooked rice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add wine and garlic.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute, add chicken, cover and cook 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan when done, reserving the liquid. Let cool, remove the skin and bones.
- Shred chicken breast meat using 2 forks. Set aside.
- Pour reserved liquid and garlic from the skillet into a measuring cup.
- Add enough water to equal 3/4 cup. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, warm 1 tablespoon sherry.
- Add mushrooms and rosemary, cook stirring until the mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium low heat.
- When melted whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly add milk, reserved liquid with the garlic, and 1 tablespoon sherry stirring until thick.
- Add cheese, stirring well.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer with rice, then the chicken, mushrooms, olives, and finally pour sauce on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Carbohydrates 86.4g, Fiber 2.5g, Sugars 3.3g, Protein 10.4g