4 boneless pork loin chops 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 chopped onion
1-14.5 ounce can no-salt added tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place one pork chop between two pieces of plastic wrap. Or in the middle of a freezer bag.
- Using a wooden mallet pound the pork chop to 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat until each pork chop is 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil, saute pork chops 2-3 minutes per side. (Don't crowd the skillet you may have to do this in batches.)
- Remove pork chops and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Saute the garlic and onion until soft and golden.
- Add the tomatoes and wine, simmering until thickened.
- Serve sauce over pork chops and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories 221, Fat 8.2g, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 163mg
Carbohydrates 2.7g, Sugars 0.8g, Protein 24.9g