12- 1 ounce pieces part-skim mozzarella cheese (string cheese works fine)
12 egg roll wrappers
2-3 tablespoons canola or olive oil (for pan frying)
- Lightly dampen the edges of the egg roll wrapper with water.
- Place cheese diagonally across the bottom of the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll wrapper over cheese, then fold ends in and continue rolling wrapper until the edge is folded under.
- Press edges to seal wrapper.
- Continue until all egg roll wrappers are filled and rolled.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot.
- Fry cheese sticks in the hot oil turning until each side is golden, about 4-6 minutes.
Per cheese stick:
Calories 186, Fat 7.3g, Cholesterol 21mg, Sodium 359mg
Carbohydrates 19.3g, Fiber 0.6g, Protein 10.0g