1 acorn squash
2 teaspoons melted butter
1-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
2/3 cup couscous
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon raisins.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Brush melted butter inside and along the cut rim of squash.
- Place squash, cut side down on foil, bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn over. Allow to cool.
- Scoop out inside of squash leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch around the shell.
- Place the scooped out squash into a bowl. Set aside to add to the couscous later.
- Place chicken broth and couscous in microwaveable glass bowl. Stir, cook on high 3-1/2 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with fork and add the remaining ingredients including the squash to the couscous, mix well.
- Put 1/4 of couscous mixture inside each squash shell. Put back into oven to warm, about 10 minutes.
- You may microwave the squash cut side down in 1/2-inch of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 10 minutes on high.
Fiber 4.1g, Sugars 2.1g, Protein 6.8g