This is a wonderful grilled pork recipe from my brother Greg. It is perfect for the nice warm days and crisp, cool evenings that mark the beginning of autumn.
1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit, no sugar added
1 tablespoon apricot or plain brandy
1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat the apricot spreadable fruit in a saucepan over low heat, add the brandy, mustard, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the paprika, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Rub generously on both sides of the chops.
- Over a medium – high charcoal or gas grill sear the chops on both sides. Then cook indirect, adding wood chips if desired.
- Cook until done about 30 minutes.
- Re-heat the apricot glaze over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the apricot glaze over both sides of the pork chops just before serving.
Calories 312, Fat 20.3g, Cholesterol 69mg, Sodium 56mg
Carbohydrates 11.2g, Sugars 8.3g, Protein 18.4g