1 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 chicken thighs rinsed and dried
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup no-sugar added apricot fruit spread
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
pinch ground allspice
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken thighs in the melted butter. Turn over and brown the other side.
- Pour the wine and chicken broth into the skillet with the chicken.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce temperature to low, cover the pan and cook for 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine the apricot fruit spread, balsamic vinegar, garlic, onion, red pepper, and allspice. Heat until thick.
- When chicken is done coat each thigh with the apricot glaze. Set on a serving platter and serve while warm.
With chicken skin: Calories 338, Fat 22.9g, Cholesterol 119mg, Sodium 132mg Carbohydrates 4.0g, Fiber 0.0g, Sugars 3.0g, Protein 22.4g
Without chicken skin: Calories 168g, Fat 5.9g, Cholesterol 78mg, Sodium 107mg Carbohydrates 4.0g, Fiber 0.0g, Sugars 3.0g, Protein 16.4g