1 package manicotti
1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
6 cloves chopped garlic
1 fresh tomato, diced
1-14.5 ounce can no-sodium diced tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1-14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a food processor puree basil, garlic, and diced fresh tomato until fairly smooth and well blended.
- Pour basil-tomato puree into a medium saucepan, heat over medium heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, wine, and Parmesan cheese, simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In medium size bowl, mix chopped artichokes, oregano, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- When pasta is finished drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well on paper towels.
- Stuff each cooked manicotti with artichoke mixture. (If the pasta is torn just slice it open, put some of the filing in and roll it up.)
- Place each stuffed manicotti into the prepared baking dish, top with tomato basil sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
Calories 298, Fat 11.0g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 458mg
Carbohydrates 52.1g, Fiber 8.8g, Sugars 9.1g, Protein 26.4g