1/2 pound asparagus
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove copped garlic
1 cup rice
1 ounce spaghetti broken into small pieces
pinch of saffron
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat asparagus with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place slivered almonds on a baking dish and toast at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a medium size saucepan, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the rice to the oil and toast for about 1 minute. Add the broken spaghetti pieces and toast another 1-2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of saffron and pour the chicken broth into the sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- When the rice is done add the asparagus and almonds.
Calories 260, Fat 5.2g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 41mg
Carbohydrates 45.5g, Fiber 2.5g, Sugars 1.4g, Protein 7.7g