blueberry muffins. These freeze well, just defrost them the night before for an easy and delicious breakfast.
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Pour lemon juice in a measuring cup. Add enough milk to measure 1 cup. Allow to sit about 5 minutes to sour.
- In a large bowl, mix wheat flour, oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl mix milk, applesauce, egg and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixing well.
- Coat muffin tins with cooking oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
Calories 105, Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 171mg
Carbohydrates 20.0g, Fiber 1.2g, Sugars 8.2g, Protein 3.4g