1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
2 cups water
1 cup rice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from pan, set aside.
- Toast rice in the same saucepan for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water to rice, stirring well.
- Bring water and rice to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- When rice is done, stir vegetables into rice.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an ovenproof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon rice/vegetable mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Top with cheese, cover and bake 30-35 minutes. Stir before serving.
Calories 253, Fat 6.8g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 98mg
Carbohydrates 39.8g, Fiber 1.3g, Sugars 0.8g, Protein 7.6g