1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups peeled, diced potato
4 cups chopped broccoli florets
4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
dash red pepper sauce (optional)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat. When pan is hot add the oil, swirling to coat pan evenly.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic and onions sauteing until tender.
- Add potato, broccoli, broth and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (If using a standard blender you will have to blend the soup in batches. Take care when blending hot liquids.)
- Season with red pepper sauce if desired.
Based on 4 servings: Calories 121, Fat 2.2, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 100mg
Carbohydrates 21.0g, Fiber 4.6g, Sugars 3.0g, Protein 6.0g