1 medium butternut squash (about 4 cups chopped)
1 cup chopped onion
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
pinch ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground curry
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Cut squash in half, discarding seeds and pulp.
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish.
- Pour 1/2 inch water in bottom of dish, cook on high 12-15 minutes. (Watch it closely)
- Peel and cube squash when cool.
- In large saucepan, combine squash, onion, broth, red pepper and curry, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Carefully blend until smooth using an immersion blender (or blend in batches using a regular blender).
- Be careful with the hot liquid.
- Add yogurt, mixing until well blended.
Nutritional information includes the yogurt.
Based on 4 servings:
Calories 98, Fat 0.2g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 82mg
Carbohydrates 20.6g, Fiber 3.3g, Sugars 4.8g, Protein 5.2g