4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter, divided
2 cups sliced chanterelle mushrooms
1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
1 sliced leek, white part only
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
- In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil, lower heat and keep simmerring to use as needed for the risotto.
- In a large saucepan melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Saute chanterelles and sage in butter until tender and slightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside for later.
- In same skillet, heat the other 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat.
- Saute leeks and garlic until tender.
- Add rice, stirring until toasted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Slowly add wine to rice. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally.
- Continue adding chicken broth to the risotto about 1/3- 1/2 cup at a time. Do not let the risotto get dry. (This means that you need to stand and watch it, stirring occasionally.)
- Stir mushrooms into the rice during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Calories 271, Fat 3.2g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 100mg
Carbohydrates 45.9g, Fiber 3.1g, Sugars 1.1g, Protein 6.9g