1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup diced onion
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon dried cumin, oregano, thyme, and basil
1 (4 ounce) can no-sodium tomato paste
1 (14.5 can) no-sodium diced tomatoes
1 (can 14.5) low-sodium black beans, drained
1 bottle beer
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot add oil, saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add ground meat, stirring until cooked.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon, chili powder, red pepper, bay leaves, cilantro, cumin, oregano, thyme, and basil. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring well.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, black beans, and beer bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Calories 402, Fat 8.7g, Cholesterol 101mg, Sodium 494mg
Carbohydrates 35.2g, Fiber 9.7g, Sugars 11.4g Protein 41.5g