1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
6 cups shredded or finely sliced napa cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup snow peas, cut in half
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup peanuts
- Bring ginger and chicken broth to a simmer in a medium skillet.
- Add chicken breast, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken, when cool use 2 forks to shred chicken into pieces.
- Place shredded chicken into large salad bowl.
- Add napa cabbage, carrots, snow peas and green onions.
- In a small bow, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, fresh ginger and sugar.
- Thoroughly mix the dressing and the salad together, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Stir in peanuts just before serving.
Calories 192, Fat 9.7g, Cholesterol 10.3mg, Sodium 613.7mg
Carbohydrates 17.1g, Fiber 2.9g, Sugars 6.8g, Protein 12.7g