1/2 cup pomegranate seeds from fresh pomegranate
- Peel oranges and grapefruit removing as much of the white pithy part as possible.
- Section the fruit, cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut 1/2-inch off top of pomegranate.
- Using the white membrane as a guide, slice pomegranate into sections.
- Using your fingers, remove seeds from the membrane and place seeds in a bowl of cold water.
- Use a spoon to scoop out any membrane that floats to the top of the bowl of water.
- Pour the water with seeds through a strainer, place seeds in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate any seeds not being used right away.
- In a medium serving bowl gently stir oranges, grapefruit and pomegranate seeds together.
- If you are making this for children you may want to lightly sprinkle some sugar over top.
Carbohydrates 19.4g, Fiber 2.8g, Sugars 13.8g, Protein 1.3g