3 chicken thighs
4 slices pancetta
5 cups green or red leaf lettuce chopped into bite size pieces
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese
2 seeded, diced tomatoes
1 chopped egg
1 diced avocado
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 small clove minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken thighs in a glass baking dish, cover, and bake for 1 hour. Cool when done, skin, bone, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Cook pancetta in a hot skillet. Cool and cup into bite size pieces.
- Was and spin dry lettuce and place it on the bottom of an oblong serving dish.
- Down the center of the lettuce, arrange the cheese.
- Place the chicken in a line on either side of the cheese.
- Next arrange the tomatoes, then the pancetta, the egg, and the avocado in rows on each side of the serving platter.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the oils) for the salad dressing in a blender. Blend well.
- Slowly pour the olive and the canola oil into the rest of the dressing ingredients, blending until emulsified. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories 383, Fat 73.5g, Cholesterol 153mg, Sodium 250mg
Carbohydrates 10.2g, Fiber 5.1g, Sugars 3.9g, Protein 38.3g