1 cup rice
2 cups water
1/4 cup chopped purple onion
3/4 cup grated carrots
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup light coconut milk (shake the container of coconut milk well)
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Mix onion, carrots, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add ginger coated vegetables. Cook, stirring until onion and garlic are soft.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and cilantro to the coconut/carrot mixture and heat through.
Calories 220, Fat 4.0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 28mg
Carbohydrates 41.3g, Fiber 1.7g, Sugars 1.9g, Protein 4.3g