4 boneless pork loin chops
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped leeks (only the white and light green parts)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup couscous
1/2 cup white wine (or low sodium chicken broth)
Champagne Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Trim the outer edges of the pork chops of fat if needed. Make a slice down the middle of the pork chops making a pouch. (Keeping three sides of the pork chops attached so it looks like a pita.) Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the leeks, garlic, and pecans stirring until the garlic and leeks are tender, do not brown.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl, combine the water and couscous, microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes.
- Combine the cooked couscous, leek mixture, and the wine (or chicken broth). Mix well.
- Stuff each pork chop with 1/4 of the couscous mixture. Use toothpicks to secure the opening of the pork chops.
- Cover and bake in the prepared baking dish for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Top with the Cranberry Champagne Vinaigrette.
Nutritional information without sauce: Calories 448, Fat 27.8g, Cholesterol 76mg, Sodium 85mg
Carbohydrates 21.9g, Fiber 2.2g, Sugars 1.5g, Protein 21.8g