- Just make sure if you pick wild mushrooms you have experience as to which types are edible. Eating the wrong wild mushrooms can be deadly.
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
2/3 cups orzo
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh sage
1 tablespoons butter
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
3/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In medium sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Stir, cooking until onions are golden and soft.
- Add orzo, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, sage, and butter. Cook, stirring about 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Pour both chicken broth and wine into orzo mixture. Bring broth to a boil.
- Stirring often, cook 10-15 minutes or until orzo is soft and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese before serving.
Calories 244, Fat 8.7g, Cholesterol 13mg, Sodium 162mg
Carbohydrates 26.0g, Fiber 0.7g, Sugars 1.7g, Protein 7.3g